Removing float in Square Bing Carb (85/12/101 A)

I am not quite sure how to approach removing the pin that holds the float to the body. I worry applying too much force could break the cradle on which the pin sits.

Does anyone have experience with this particular carburetor? Any advice on how to remove that float?

Thanks!

3CAFC465-DFAB-4EF5-A683-D83A3A887E21.jpeg
154A41DC-E320-41B2-8C27-E5C1CA6CF56A.jpeg
13FAD786-8597-45FD-8743-35CEC23B8D1B.jpeg

Re: Removing float in Square Bing Carb (85/12/101 A)

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

push it out the side like you would on most other carbs, don't pull it down through the slots

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well I'll tell you Aero kroil the stuff is from Aliens they use it to clean the cattle mutilators you spray it on there and wait 10 seconds 20 minutes and it will fall out. Enter enter it basically is used primarily for cleaning lead out of machine gun barrels and it will clean and Wick in two places you never believed it will take out nuts that we're rusted to the point of being accused and then after an overnight soak be able to take them off with your bare fingers and then if you ever break of exhaust mount below flush you can use the Aero kroil and a rubber pencil eraser on the end of a pencil and after soaking it and heating it use the pencil eraser to pull it out 24 hours later

♣Slew Foot♣ /

This dark moped Arts brought to you by Mazda...

> the worst terry Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> push it out the side like you would on most other carbs, don't pull it

> down through the slots

I agree with that. But in this circumstance it appears the the slots are there to add tension to the float pin. In fact they look like they've been somewhat crimped together. Prying on those would be a last resort only for fear of breaking one.

Push on either end of the float pin. Like Terry said if you try to pull it out with needle nose pliers it will burger the ends and become more difficult to remove or install. (edited)

Yeah, it does look like the pin is crimped in there and won’t budge. I attempted to push it out on either side but it wasn’t happening. Also, it not tapered on either side like some I have seen on the net.

I put penetrating oil on it last night and I will try it again this evening. Here’s hoping.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

it's gonna be tight, but it'll come out. use the side of the tip of a flat screwdriver and just press as hard as you need to, it'll move.

Thanks for all the pointers. I was able to work the pin out.

nice. i've definitely broken that before.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account