Tao Tao scooter is really loud after filling up gas

Nicholas Green /

I filled up my scooter earlier today and it suddenly became much louder and it seemed like the exhaust may have been coming out more too. What can I do to fix this or where should I take it tomorrow morning so I can get it fixed before class? Thank you for the help!!

Re: Tao Tao scooter is really loud after filling up gas

Its probably broken forever, unfortunately.

#shouldaboughtapuch

Angry Hipster /

Ask your teacher for this worksheet

original-3462068-1.jpg

Did you add oil to the gas when you filled it up? Is the bike new to you? Two stroke engines use oil in the gas for lubrication, unless they are oil injected that is. In which case you gotta keep the oil tank full.

If the problem truly happend after adding gas I imagine you diddnt add oil and blew up the engine.

Otherwise, maybe your exhaust just started leaking by coincedance. Grab a wrench

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did you add oil to the gas when you filled it up? Is the bike new to

> you? Two stroke engines use oil in the gas for lubrication, unless they

> are oil injected that is. In which case you gotta keep the oil tank

> full.

>

> If the problem truly happend after adding gas I imagine you diddnt add

> oil and blew up the engine.

>

> Otherwise, maybe your exhaust just started leaking by coincedance. Grab

> a wrench

Tao Tao had a 4 stroke gy6 clone engine.

Sounds like the turbo is stuck on.

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> ----------------------------------------------

> Tao Tao had a 4 stroke gy6 clone engine.

No shit, ohh well nevermind. (edited)

Captain Janeway /

Find a scooter forum. If anyone on here owned one I don't know that they'd admit it.

gonna say with almost no uncertainty that the exhaust is either loose or broken and it has nothing to do with the gas and probably a curb you jumped off of or pothole you nailed

Nicholas Green /

what does that mean? will oil not solve the problem then?

> Nicholas Green Wrote:

> what does that mean? will oil not solve the problem then?

No, you have a 4 stroke scooter meaning you don't need to add oil to the gas. We don't do that kind of stuff here, this forum is for 2 stroke mopeds, not 4 stroke scooters. As others have said, it's extremely unlikely to be your gas. Your exhaust is probably loose, or maybe you don't have any oil in the crankcase or something

listen i think he's on to something guys...

one time i was riding around and suddenly my ped became dead silent. when i checked the tank it was empty!

> alex . Wrote:

> Its probably broken forever, unfortunately.

>

> #shouldaboughtapuch

Probably just filled it up with race gas on accident.

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> > alex . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Its probably broken forever, unfortunately.

>

> >

>

> > #shouldaboughtapuch

>

> Probably just filled it up with race gas on accident.

Or diesel fuel.

Dan (high idle) Conway /

> Captain Janeway Wrote:

> Find a scooter forum. If anyone on here owned one I don't know that

> they'd admit it.

Lol I sure wouldn’t want to..... If I did ever own one that is ;)

Barry (Bob) Brown /

Could be either the muffler bearings or a kanuter valve.

your exhaust is coming loose. fix it! or maybe the exhaust gasket failed.

if this is your main transportation to school a tao tao was not the best choice. but you can make it work. get locking washers to keep the exhaust from coming loose.

Terbo Speghetti /

This fella got off easy. I used to get burned for dumb garelli questions back in the day and this guy's taotao made it almost a whole page before it got called a scooter lol

Captain Janeway /

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> This fella got off easy. I used to get burned for dumb garelli questions

> back in the day and this guy's taotao made it almost a whole page before

> it got called a scooter lol

Can you imagine if Crazy Wayne had a crack at it lol!

Perhaps someone could just point out to the person posting that there is no interest in helping scooter folk, and the forum is for the old two stroke pedal starting mopeds not 4 stroke scooters as well. Maybe direct them to search for ScooterArmy or a similar forum.

No need to be mean...

TaoTao.jpg

Part it out. They're all broken.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> Perhaps someone could just point out to the person posting that there is

> no interest in helping scooter folk, and the forum is for the old two

> stroke pedal starting mopeds not 4 stroke scooters as well. Maybe

> direct them to search for ScooterArmy or a similar forum.

>

> No need to be mean...

> >

There is no need to be mean, and I don't understand the reluctance to help out scooter folk, we are all riding, so what if what we are riding? I just got a scooter, and I'll be dammed if it is not super comfortable, and fast, now granted I searched long and hard for a 2 stroke 50cc model, as I'm not a master wrench like many on here are and 2 strokes are simpler. I can fix things, just not as quickly as pro's can. I would prefer to ride vs wrench any day. As I age, comfort has way trumped cool! Mopeds are cool, scooters are comfortable, not giving up riding, until I go blind or they take my license due to age. It has been brought up before, but I think a scooter forum on here would both increase traffic on the site and advertising revenue, but would also add new people to the riding community, in many states, the term "moped" applies to any 50cc machine, and many do not know that they do not have a true moped, and get flamed/hassled for coming here looking for advice/information. Scooter riders are fellow riders, why should they be shunned? I think many on here have scooters even if they don't admit it, lol, this is just stupid, mopeds are not some elite mode of getting around, they (in America anyway) were disposable toys for most that bought them, most outlets that sold them would never believe that some of us are still riding them 40 odd yrs later. In many other countries they are far more legit means of transportation. If scooters were allowed to be discussed we could all learn and some of the scooter people might convert to mopeds or have both, I see this as a win/win? Why the hate? For example if there was a scooter forum, it could be explained to noob's that Tao Tao tend to suck, but can be kept going, but maybe you should get a Vespa or a Honda? Not you suck for being dumb enough to buy a Tao Tao...yadda yadda, people often don't know any better, but they want to ride/need cheap transport/enjoy the wind in the hair that is riding a moped/scooter/motorcycle. Don't hate, encourage riding! On my vintage peds, I get Harley guys and gals riding alongside me asking what is that, can you stop so I can check it out, "it's HOW old"? :) Moto Guzi people Ducati riders, I find every rider type but the rice racer guys are interested in something different but a two wheeled ride. I would kill myself on a Hyabussa lol, so I don't mind if they take no notice of me. Before he moved away I was friends with a guy who was in a "group" who rode Honda CH-80 scooters, my moped could not keep up, but they had a loaner bike and invited me to ride with them, they also loved my mopeds, I allowed them to ride my bikes, something I really normally never do, they were a great bunch of people, as are most who ride, I feel we should include everyone who likes the wind in their hair. My 2 cents worth.

Great 2 cents worth..i have had to bite my finger a few times to keep from saying what i think about some of the smart ass answers some have given on here to either appear smarter than others or just to see if they can piss somebody off.i haven't been coming to the site long and appreciate when i see some helping others or talking what will work or not but have almost stopped visiting because of the artitudes at times.i could be very wrong but i feel the poster here is a young person that has never had any experience in mechanics and probably has nobody at home to help.some only want to hinder them in learning rather than help them grow to learn what they need to know.everybody here should try to encourag the younger people to learn rather than try to beat them down for asking a question ..my 2 cents also

> Nicholas Green Wrote:

> I filled up my scooter earlier today and it suddenly became much louder

> and it seemed like the exhaust may have been coming out more too. What

> can I do to fix this or where should I take it tomorrow morning so I can

> get it fixed before class? Thank you for the help!!

So yea when you filled it up with gas and turn it on it will make scooter noises. ?What can you do it fix it, bring it down to you local scrape yard and have them look at it. Then call an Uber

Captain Janeway /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Great 2 cents worth..i have had to bite my finger a few times to keep

> from saying what i think about some of the smart ass answers some have

> given on here to either appear smarter than others or just to see if

> they can piss somebody off.i haven't been coming to the site long and

> appreciate when i see some helping others or talking what will work or

> not but have almost stopped visiting because of the artitudes at times.i

> could be very wrong but i feel the poster here is a young person that

> has never had any experience in mechanics and probably has nobody at

> home to help.some only want to hinder them in learning rather than help

> them grow to learn what they need to know.everybody here should try to

> encourag the younger people to learn rather than try to beat them down

> for asking a question ..my 2 cents also

When I told him to try a scooter forum I'm thinking he's going to find the correct answer he needs much faster. If they were short enough, I'd consider an Elite, Cub or Vespa because I'd spend less time wrenching than on my kitted Urbans (which I used to take shit for. Now there are enough no one flames them anymore). My stock Urban was bulletproof, but the kitted ones are fussy children. Need them fast to keep up with asshole cagers in the area.

The poor guy just bought the worst scooter, and no one on this site (probably) works on them.

^ I know you were trying to be helpful, I was just thinking we could have more people around and learn if we had a sep forum for scooters.

Probably Fred /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ I know you were trying to be helpful, I was just thinking we could

> have more people around and learn if we had a sep forum for scooters.

Yep I completely agree because I totally hate scooters compared to Moped‘s due to the tiny tires and plastic galore with the exception of a a few Honda elites I worked on including a 250cc I had in my possession for a few weeks that I drove 30 some miles on the freeway with speeds 65 mph several times with no issues,

Try going to a Chrysler/Plymouth dodge, Mopar forum and talking about how good your 454 Chevy big block is ;)

All scooters should go to off topic which is fine!

Now bicycles with china motors thrown on them is not even worth making a post about them,

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ I know you were trying to be helpful, I was just thinking we could

> have more people around and learn if we had a sep forum for scooters.

I pushed for this earlier in the year. It fell upon deaf ears. Oh well.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Advising someone that they are asking the wrong audience for information is helpful. Forget the "throw away that garbage" posts, but letting someone know the intent and purpose of this forum and the overall knowledge base within absolutely is a boon to the OP.

whats funny about threads like this is we all throw down the same set of insults, helpful or not-helpful redirects, discuss why it's not relevant or some even try to help, but the OP never returns.... I bet 95% of the time we're just bouncing these bullets around in the same echo chamber.

at least this time he came back to ask if oil would solve his clearly loose or busted exhaust problem... (what?!)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account