yamaha vino, need help. please

kenneth lathers /

2003 50cc vino fell over last nite cause of wind. wont start. airbox was full of gas, float working. look to be getting fuel has good spark, seems plug dry. used a shot of start fluid on plug, carb even cylinder, no fire, pop nothing. only transportation to work

Re: yamaha vino, need help. please

Put a new spark plug in it

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

sounds like you might have lost spark. was the kill switch damaged in the fall?

kenneth lathers /

no damage to switch, fell other way. will try new plug but one in it very good spark

> kenneth lathers Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> no damage to switch, fell other way. will try new plug but one in it

> very good spark

The plug is dry you said?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

dang, sorry, missed the good spark part of the op.

your exhaust may have flooded like the airbox, seen it before. pop it off and see if it pours out

kenneth lathers /

Plug is dry EXHAUST? When I turn it over it did make a funny sound almost as if the plug was out. A little gargle sound

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

yeah, the pipe could have filled with gas while it was on it's side, but usually when that happens the cylinder is flooded too. If you're not smelling fuel on the plug, it's not likely but still possible that your exhaust is filled with gas.

you said it's getting good spark, and I assume you're checking spark at the plug, but you didn't get a pop when sprayed starting fluid in the cylinder?

I haven't messed with a vino in years, it has a diaphragm petcock, right? I know you said it's getting fuel, but if your plug is dry and doesn't smell like gas, it's not getting fuel. Make sure the vacuum line that goes from the intake to the petcock hasn't fallen off or been damaged.

kenneth lathers /

No pop when I spray cyl or plug. How would I get fuel out of cyl if perhaps that's the case. I will check all lines as well

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

if there was fuel in the cylinder, you could crank it over with the plug out to eject it all from the spark plug hole. If the pipe is flooded, you'd need to remove it and pour it out.

. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account