1979 puch maxi won’t start

Boris Lantsov /

So I just bought 79 puch maxi that doesn’t start, I checked for spark, it has spark, fuel is old but I’m sure it should at least try to start, took carb apart it’s pretty clean inside.... so I tried to start it with a drill no luck with pedals no luck , even tried to put some fuel in the cylinder and still no start.... any one can guid me in the right direction I can try? When I spin it with a drill it gives out small sparks “picture attached” and it sounds like it has compression when spinning it with out spark plug

4E362AA0-6E37-4C25-AFE4-30DE3B87BE7E.jpeg

Re: 1979 puch maxi won’t start

New spark plug?

Boris Lantsov /

Not sure on age of it but it’s ngk , previous owner said it ran good and then it just didn’t start , he had a mechanic look at it and couldn’t figure it out ...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Make sure all your light bulbs are good and the right ones double check you're a horn switch if it is buzzing the safety override is stopping it from starting if you hold in the front brake and it starts it's the safety override...

Boris Lantsov /

How do I get power to check light bulbs tho?

> Boris Lantsov Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not sure on age of it but it’s ngk , previous owner said it ran good and

> then it just didn’t start , he had a mechanic look at it and couldn’t

> figure it out

90% of the time one of my bikes is running fine then stops it's the plug. You've never had the bike running, so flushing out the old gas and changing the spark plug is something you can do for $5 that can save you a shitload of time chasing other ghosts. Always start with the simplest stuff

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

What’s giving “small sparks”? The points?

Barry (Bob) Brown /

If you have spark, squirt some gas in the cylinder and try the drill method to see if it kicks over. Then it's timing, carb, points next.

Just went through something similar with a Maxi I picked up. Had spark, compression, gas.... Did a lot of head scratching then replaced the plug that came with it and it fired right up.

This is a za 50 two speed Puch engine right?

Overpriced Parts /

That flywheel tho... Looks as if its been kicked down the street several blocks.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

FEELERFOOT....

Boris Lantsov /

?

??> Boris Lantsov Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account