Need Hero Majestic Ankur Service manual

Buzz Around /

I am a moped beginner so there is much that I don’t know. I recently bought a Hero Majestic Ankur at a yard sale from an elderly man as a fix up project. The moped was a year 2000 model with only 74 honest miles on the speedometer. The owner had let it sit unused in his garage for 18 years with gas in the tank and some in the carb.

I have cleaned the carb using carb cleaner and I am now using vinegar to clean the tank. The carb was awful with lots of varnish. After the carb was cleaned I got it to fire up and run for awhile. However, I forgot to turn off the petcock so next morning found out my tank had drained on the garage floor. Is this normal?

What I need now is a service manual for it, especially dealing with carb settings and adjusting. Anybody know where I might find such a manual.? I would really appreciate any advice and ideas from you guys.

0348B7A1-C8F5-4B96-BFA4-A102654ADBD4.jpeg

Re: Need Hero Majestic Ankur Service manual

Owners manual : https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/file.php/1/7376/1138317146_ankur_manual.pdf

Or :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aXjpzGBSJUiIwUD43BgfSE8qEFTYHN1E

Sounds like maybe you didn't get the float valve clean enough or maybe not set the float height properly .

If you can get an inline paper-pleated filter on the line, it will take care of the debris as it breaks loose and heads for the banjo filter at the carb. I had the same situation when I bought the 1994 Ankur with only 18 miles.

Get all the varnish out of the float bowl. Anywhere you can use steam safely, you can remove the varnish that way.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A batavus m56 engine...

Buzz Around /
fly OP

Thanks for your responses guys. I’ve finally found a service manual online and have ordered it. My plan now is to reclean the carb float valve, get the tank clean, and put in a new gas line with filter. If I can get it running I will then try to adjust the carb jets.

What is a good brand 2 cycle oil to mix with the gas?

I have used this for about 10 years , both premix and injection , without a problem :

(edited)

Buzz Around /
fly OP

I’ll get some of that oil pronto. Nothing better than first hand experience,

Today I redid the carb and finally got the tank clean. The motor started and ran so now I need to adjust the carb. Another task for another day.

The moped does not presently have a review mirror. Hope to get one of those soon, as well as a helmet.

Thanks for your help.

`soon' doesn't cut it for the rearview......…………….buy one now even if it's just a clamp on,bicycle mirror.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account