e50 CDI confusion

Drake Abrahamsson /

I just bought the e50 CDI complete adventure pack (https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=puch-CDI-complete) and I've found around 3 contradicting operations needed to get it running

1) On the link above, it doesn't say to do anything

2) On the wiki (https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_CDI) , the diagram says "move the brown ground wire from front to back"

3) Flip the coils

Which one is correct? What does putting the brown ground wire in the front compared to the back even do? If I flip the coil, do I flip both coils or just the ignition one?

Re: e50 CDI confusion

Flipping should be for ZA50 for counter clockwise rotation. It should be bolt and go for e50

Overpriced Parts /

Feel sorry for you when your dead on side of the road with no spark,

Drake Abrahamsson /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Feel sorry for you when your dead on side of the road with no spark,

I am aware of this risk- I bought it as a backup (the power of treats flash sale) along with new Bosch points & condenser which I will be trying first.

Good call on your first pic. Points over that. I had bad luck with all of mine. I spent more in parts to keep mine going than an HPI would have cost in the first place. I have like 4 CDIs with not enough usable parts to make 1 work.

Drake Abrahamsson /

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> Good call on your first pic. Points over that. I had bad luck with all

> of mine. I spent more in parts to keep mine going than an HPI would

> have cost in the first place. I have like 4 CDIs with not enough

> usable parts to make 1 work.

Wow. With this one if the coil broke I was gonna get the pietcard & external coil combo to replace the single part as it seems people had better luck with that. The HPI is just a HUGE down payment that I didn’t feel comfortable making. I’m in college and I just want this bike to run lol

Drake Abrahamsson /

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> Flipping should be for ZA50 for counter clockwise rotation. It should

> be bolt and go for e50

Thank you!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account