Tomos Streetmate

I hope this is the right place to be posting this. I am looking for someone to basically rebuild by stock streetmate engine. Shoot me a message and a price. It either has an air leak I was never able to fix or a fine crack somewhere I was never able to locate.

Re: Tomos Streetmate

how many miles?

is engine leaking badly?

its probably just an intake leak and/or your stock carb needs a rebuild

Havent looked at it in a while cuz its been sitting in storage. But when i was messing with it it had i think 3k miles? Spark plug head was white and i located like one of many little leaks between the head and cylinder and case. Def was heating up more than it should have. Kept bogging down at different speeds too. I also rebuilt the stock carb and bought a new carb for it + put the stock intake back on it (no cracks) too before i found the leaks. Im 90% sure its just a matter of taking it apart and putting it back together with good gaskets, sealant and proper torquing. I just dont have the tools or time anymore. Im hoping to give it to my brother when its fixed.

Also im located in santa rosa but can travel if you really think it can be fixed in a day. (edited)

respectful bump :)

I'm really just looking for a complete rebuild.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Did all you got to do is Paul off the head the cylinder just pull off the whole thing leave the Piston there take off both covers and then fill it with water and then put some pressure behind it and you'll see where it's leaking

Like I mentioned in the previous posts, I dont have the tools for doing just about anything to it :/ all I have is an adjustable wrench. It has also been sitting in storage for about 3 or 4 years. Im sure all the gaskets are dried and flimsy. The whole thing just needs to be re-assembled with new gaskets by someone who has the right tools and skill. I just want it fixed before Christmas so I can give it to my little brother :/

2 or 4 yrs. won't ruin yer gaskets OR seals. We have mopeds 30+ years old running on the same crank seals they came out with.

Gotta be someone out there near you that can rebuild it for you and make some cash .

That's what I'm hoping for :)

I'll bet you any of the Tomos guys here could get it running right in a coupla hours. probably the base gasket or carb to intake gasket is all that leaks, and it needs oil premixed until you KNOW that the injection system works. Simple stuff.

Overpriced Parts /

I’s this the same Robbie Osborne I rode with in Akron with my Polini kit Maxi 2 and his flywheel will came off soon as he started to catch up to me after I backed off?

Well no. I'm located in Santa Rosa California.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

maybe if your sweet talk one of these guys you can make a deal and just ship them your engine and them ship you another one that has just been rebuilt and just charge you for the parts they used and the shipping and stuff

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account