What's missing on this Moby 50v?

I just picked up my first Motobecane pretty cheap ($125) and would like to know what, if anything is missing on the variator side, besides the chain cover, of course. And what should I expect to pay to get what's missing?(edited)

20191024_081431.jpg

Re: What's missing on this Moby 50v?

I don't see anything missing except the side cover you mentioned. Depending where you get it, $30 to $40?

So there's no nice, chrome cover over the variator? Looks pretty ugly being all rusty and it looks like it could grab a shoelace or pantleg.

Just wondering.

The chrome is rusty because someone dropped it, pedal scratched it up, the guard just behind it keeps you from the moving parts. Motor mounts look bad, no mirror. And of course side covers and screws. Never hurts to ask po to look about for side covers. Nice find.

I had a nice conversation with the seller. At $125, he certainly wasn't a flipper. His plan was to fix it up and ride it, but he had too many projects in the works. He only had it a few months and was told by HIS seller that the side cover might be available, but he could never find it. Definitely a nice find for the price. It also forces me out of my Minarelli comfort zone.

Looks like it's missing a rider

Nice score indeed. Looks like the only thing missing is two side covers, a rearview mirror and you riding it.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF FRENCHIE BIKES

Frenchmopedsink.jpg

Josiah Radebaugh /

You may want to consider getting a dellorto 14.12 as the motobecane gurtners have a tendency to leak. It looks fairly complete. It looks like it need first a good wash then a steel wool (finest grade possible) wd40 treatment on the chrome.

The other side cover is on the bike.

Will a Delorto 14:12 bolt right on or do I need a different intake? Now that's a carb in my comfort zone! What is the recommended jet for stock setup?

I tore my quad tendon about a month ago and won't be riding ANY bikes for the rest of the year. Can't bend or lift the leg.

My excuses for getting this bike are good price and completeness, comfort zone change, and my childhood buddy's dad, who passed away a year ago, had the exact same bike. It was a sentimental purchase. I was always a little jealous of his dad's fancy French bike.

Looking forward to first start.

For the reasons you stated , I'd stick with the original carb .

It can't be that much of a pain . It obviously wasn't for your childhood buddy's dad .

And , it's not like you need to ride it tomorrow . ;)(edited)

SHA 14:12 on a stock AV7 will take a 53 jet, will fit the shorty or bendy stock intake.

SHA 14:14 on a stock AV7 will take a 56 jet, will fit the shorty if you check and maybe have to resize the bore of the intake. The bendy necks down in the middle so it is not an optimum setup but it will work.

SHA15:15 on a stock AV7 you need probably a 62 jet (58-62 depends on the motor version) and you will need a 15mm intake and derestrict the intake so it is 15mm in the round bore through to where it transitions to rectangle.

Best choice would be a cable choke carb rather than a click choke.

OUCH on the injury, heal fast and heal well, please.

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The other side cover is on the bike.

>

> Will a Delorto 14:12 bolt right on or do I need a different intake? Now

> that's a carb in my comfort zone! What is the recommended jet for stock

> setup?

>

> I tore my quad tendon about a month ago and won't be riding ANY bikes

> for the rest of the year. Can't bend or lift the leg.

>

> My excuses for getting this bike are good price and completeness,

> comfort zone change, and my childhood buddy's dad, who passed away a

> year ago, had the exact same bike. It was a sentimental purchase. I

> was always a little jealous of his dad's fancy French bike.

>

> Looking forward to first start.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account