petcock

So I removed the petcock and it looked a bit cruddy. I cleaned it out with carb cleaner but when I try to blow through it only a very small volume of air goes through. If I tried to quantify I would say about the same you could blow through one side of a coffee stirrer.

More details: when I turn it to off then no air passes through, when I turn it the other way no air passes through.

Re: petcock

Can the petcock be eliminated? Not sure what the advantage is to having one in the first place.

Ken

The petcock is required. Otherwise all ur gas will overflow out of the carb in a few hours.

Do not eliminate it.

> Ken Filchak Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can the petcock be eliminated? Not sure what the advantage is to having

> one in the first place.

>

> Ken

Why is there a tap on a keg ?

Maybe you leave the water running in your home .

Should there be a shut off at gas station pumps ?

Think .

crud settles inside the petcock, u can take apart and clean (wire or drill bit) but most likely you'll spend your time better by buying a new one and focusing on getting the bike running. they normally have a filter(important), on/off/and reserve location.

M10x1,00 thread for the petcock. The rubber i them do not like carb cleaner at all. Order a replacement from your fave oped supplier.

If you eliminate the petcock you will be greeted with a tank full of fuel on the ground one day.

Plus you can't run the carb dry for storage.

Does anyone ever eliminate the petcock at the bottom of the tank and just go with an inline shut off? I know that will mess up your "reserve tank", but it would work in a pinch.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account