Transmission Fluid Leaking from Top

Hello,

I have a Puch Magnum II that I recently bought and have been fixing. I have been teaching myself most of my repairs, but I can't seem to find much online about the issue I have. Right now the bike is ride-able and starts very nicely.

However, transmission fluid is leaking out of the top of my transmission where the clutch cable connects to the transmission (see photos). The fluid only leaks after the bike has been ridden. I do not ride the bike very far, so this hasn't been a huge issue. But leaking fluids definitely is not something I want.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them/fixed this before? Any insight is appreciated.

Here is a link to photos: https://imgur.com/a/1DlnTlq

In these photos the darker area in the clutch actuator (I think that's the name) is transmission fluid that will slowly drain down after riding.

za50.jpg
za502.jpg

Re: Transmission Fluid Leaking from Top

My first question would be how much transmission fluid is in there

Dan (high idle) Conway /

Find out how much fluid is in there

I put the transmission fluid in that is currently inside. I poured fluid type F into the transmission until it started to trickle out of the fill level screw.(edited)

za50 engine_LI.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account