Re: how long can a ped sit without needing to clean out the carb?

Stephen Keller /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I let my Hobbit sit 2 1/2 years once, 3/4 tank, but petcock closed and carb run dry, Stabil in fuel, started right up, ran shitty until that gas was used up, ran fine once fresh was put in. Bike was stored in an underground apt parking garage, ave temp about 50 F. Just ran out of gas on my last ride today, got home on reserve...had a look in the tank, still amazingly clean. I chose not to refill it as it is stored inside my apt, (don't live in the place with the garage anymore). The enemy is A moisture, and b, not closing the damn valve, the gas in carb evaps, leaving the oil and any additives in the gas, and then a little more flows in and evaps, lather rinse repete until the carb is full of that lovely varnish. Run that shit dry, until it will not even pop, let it idle out, even if it will die if you give it gas, let it idle out. Stabil is your fiend, I add it or lately been using Sea-Foam instead, 1-2 oz per gallon of pre-mix you make.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account