Re: 15mm Bing clone issue

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

huh, i've never really thought much about that leak. good call

Worst proble I had with a clone bing is there's a little metal tab pressfit into the side of the carb for the slide alignment. I'm pretty sure real bings are the same way, just not as shitty. well the thing just fell in. at first it mustve caught on the bottom of the slide and kinda started to fall in, it stuck the slide and basically pinned it wide open. I was still trying to open close the throttle hoping to snap it closed and it fell out the rest of the way. made it thru the cylinder somehow without damaging anything, mustve blown out the exhaust, but that's purely luck. imagine seizing a bike cuz the cheap carb disassembled itself.

that and cracking the clamp at normal tightness, and basically needing every internal part replaced with old OEM bing parts anyway because thyere all the wrong size slides and needle shapes and atomizers etc.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account