Re: 15mm Bing clone issue

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ya smooth it make a thicker top cap gasket if it makes you happy but I found it hardly ever matters, some of my Bing carburetors don’t even have top gaskets, if a bit of air comes in before the jet and needle it really don’t matter other than maybe getting dirt or filth in, But after the intake connection that’s when the air leak counts because the carb gas mixture is diluted with air,

The modded but stock cylinder magnum XK Eberling rode when he was out here has no top gasket and maybe even a bit of a leak by the choke area runs perfect and will idle for hours, I’ve had the screws vibrate loose and the top cap of a 14mm bing was barely laying there with a 1/8 inch gap and I hardly noticed a difference in the running of the bike

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account