[Puch Maxi] smoke from spark, replaced, rode it, heard jangling, turned it off

Byron Spaghetti /

Hi all,

I've been having some problems with my Puch Maxi. It typically has issues accelerating, I don't think it even reaches 25 mph. When I rev the clutch, it tops out accelerating around mid way through the motion, then dramatically loses power.

A new thing occurred the other week, where I was riding it, and I began going up a very slight hill (like super slight) and I was going way way slower, like maybe 10, and I noticed a smell, ignored it for a few seconds (I know) looked down and saw smoke around the spark plug area.

The spark that was in there was newer, I'd maybe ridden like 15 miles with it.

I was in a hurry to go to work, so I switched out the spark and got it going again, rode it a few more miles, when this jangling scary shit started started happening, so I hopped off real quick.

When I got off work I tried to ride it again. When I pushed it, it accelerated waaaay too fast.

I rode it again (between all of this I've rode it like 2 times since I got it, so forgive my ignorance lol, I just wanted to go to the park) and it now even slower now

This is a mess, have any of you had this happen before?

Re: [Puch Maxi] smoke from spark, replaced, rode it, heard jangling, turned it off

Wesley Ambrosini /

Look at / do all of this

FRED'S GUIDE

Sounds like you have a bunch of problems. Buy new gaskets. Take the top end apart. Learn about your bike.

Re: [Puch Maxi] smoke from spark, replaced, rode it, heard jangling, turned it off

if theres local moped people, its best for contact someone close by to give you the low down in person.

take off your head and cylinder then take and post pics

Dan (high idle) Conway /

Not to be rude, But given your lack of knowledge it would be best if you hooked up with a local moped person to see what’s going on. The problems you’re describing could be many different things, Another set of (experienced) eyes is your best bet.

Oh and follow Fred’s guide!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account