Vespa Grande issue- rear wheel stuck

Fairly new to mopeds but I am good with working with this grande I got a few months ago. Ran fine for a while but the other day the rear wheel completely stopped moving. It works just fine when it's in bike mode but when I change it to moped mode, the rear wheel just sticks and won't roll at all. Any idea where to start? Was thinking of pulling the clutch bell off to start first.

Re: Vespa Grande issue- rear wheel stuck

Maybe pull the wheel off to see if anything is broken ?

There’s a transmission in the rear wheel, also known as a final reduction gear. It should be filled with the proper level of the proper oil (see online manual) perhaps it ran out of oil and seized.

Took off the clutch bell and one of the springs on the starter clutch broke. Gonna replace those shoes/springs and see if that fixes the issue. Rear transmission box still has good oil in it, got changed not too long ago.

Why not remove the belt and see if that makes a difference .

Always try the easiest thing first .

When I got my Grande that had been sitting for years, the rear wheel was seized. I worked it back and forth and eventually it came free and now rolls just fine. I haven't had a chance to open it up and see what was going on.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account