My wiring!

Ethan Katowitz /

Someone help me please. I’m struggling to properly wire my 1977 Puch Newport. I’m using this diagram:

And I’m trying to wire it all to this switch that has a horn button, kill button, and light switch.

I’ve seen images that show where each wire goes on the switch, so I followed that but my headlight doesn’t turn on and the brake lights seem to be not working either. I’m not sure what I have wrong because I matched the wiring to what’s on the diagram. I don’t have the stock switches, so I’m trying figure out what to do. Does anyone know how to set up this switch to my Puch specifically? Is there anyway I could Just not use the horn and make this whole thing easier?

7E287012-44A7-41B7-8D29-BEECAB67AB22.jpeg
05954A69-DB21-4890-BF72-6319AD19BFC0.jpeg
10A26943-B0DF-405E-ABD2-034F1E5FEEC6.jpeg

Re: My wiring!

If you have a 6 wire style moped, you are going to have a real hard time wiring one single switch to do what you want....horns are part of the ignition and the switches are not just basic push button like door bell switches. Unless you are completely making a harness from scratch and fully understand raw ac magneto power, you will probably be disappointed. If you have a 5 wire system, you can do it but even that is more involved than just attaching some wires

Bad Cadillac™ /

That switch looks like it's missing the silver metal ball and spring that go into the brass barrel with the lever on it. The ball and spring touche the contacts as you move it.

Like Don says. I wired that same switch to my six wire e50 on my Free Spirit. It’s tricky, and like Don says, you must make your own harness and understand fully how these goofy systems work. If I were you, I would put an ad in buy/sell for a harness with original switches, and wire it back to factory. You can probably get a complete maxi harness for ~$20-$40.

> Bad Cadillac™ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That switch looks like it's missing the silver metal ball and spring

> that go into the brass barrel with the lever on it. The ball and spring

> touche the contacts as you move it.

Good catch. That’s part of the problem.

Ethan Katowitz /

I have the ball and spring. The picture that is shown is found online. Thanks for the replies, I will try these ideas.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account