Tomos targa throttle cable issue

So the other night a guy started to steal parts off my bike and now I have a mess.

My current issue is that the throttle cable is out and refuses to go back into that little slide thing.

Has anyone had to install one of these before?

17C0E0AB-3636-40B1-AAA2-228AB528AB3F.jpeg

Re: Tomos targa throttle cable issue

If they end is frayed it might be tough to get it to go back through the slider.

if it isnt frayed, keep trying w needle nose pliers and twisting throttle. u can pop off the carb top n unhook nipple to get more slack.

Kick the guys ass and steal his cable

Kick that guy in the nut sack.

You have two solutions to this issue...one buy a new throttle cable and set screw from Treatland...or... pull the throttle cable out of the handlebar control and see how much extra inner cable is left.. see where the set screw has left a mark on cable. Then crazy glue the left over section and let dry...cut the cable cleanly so it will go through the tiny hole. Tighten the set screw in the original spot...

*Cable issue resolved*

-Bar spin

Ok so I tried tightening down the bolts (circled in photo) but nothing. Now I’m thinking I need to take them off and wrap the bars for a tighter fit.

Am I missing something?

Note- the bolts are loose in the photo because wrapping the bar is my next move should I not find a solution here

6557A71E-28E6-4AFD-B7C1-7AB68C48EF13.jpeg

so that allen is stripped, keeps turning?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account