Treatland SHA Dellorto conversion kit for an older AV79 Mobylette

Peter Hurney /

Treatland offers a Dellorto carb conversion kit designed for a newer AV7 Mobylette. Does anyone have any experience with fitting the kit to an older AV79 Mobyleytte? And while I have no current concerns or problems with the original Mukini carb that is on the bike what do I gain by switching to the Dellorto?

Blue Mobylette 17.jpg

Re: Treatland SHA Dellorto conversion kit for an older AV79 Mobylette

If there's a Mikuni on it, it's not original. All Mobys I've seen came with Gurtners.

"no current concerns or problems"

Why even consider switching ?(edited)

id leave it, start modding/cutting on something ugly.

Handsome bike indeed

If the AR10-501 Gurtner is gone then the carb has already been 'upgraded' to a carb that is not so sad and weepy. If you feel the performance is a bit lacking check if the 'new' carb is bigger than 10mm and that the intake manifold is bigger than 10mm ID. Some of the AV7 came with larger intakes than 10mm but for the most part if Motobecane originally fitted a 10mm Gurtner on there the intake is matching ID.

The AV79 was issued as a 40km/h rated bike (25mph) and is capable of a lot better with just an improvement in breathing but upgrading to a 15mm carb and intake as well as derestricting the exhause and setting the ignition timing at 1,5mm BTDC.

Check that the brakes are in good order for the speed improvement, should have the 3rd model Prior Monobloc brakes which are capable of stopping the bike from a bit higher than 50km/h (30mph).

That thing is so sweet, Leave it as is.

Jeffrey Strichart /

Why do you want to mod this beautiful machine? If you want to go faster buy yourself a $300 Maxi and a Dremel tool.

You know if you don't like it I'll come by and take it off your hands. I'll even trade you some glass beads.

Damn, that thing is gorgeous, Mikuni is not stock, if it runs leave it alone and enjoy the looks you get from riding art in motion. :)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account