honda express nc50

My moped has been sitting for a year and the battery does not seem to work, how do I get it to work again? replace acid? trickle charge ?

ty

Re: honda express nc50

New battery. Period.

That^ . And , see if you can find a suitable sealed lead acid (SLA) battery . They last a good amount longer than standard batteries .

Can you send me a link to some batteries that you may suggest , it seems most of the batteries you have to get the acid separate I just want to buy both together.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

NEVER add acid to an old battery, only distilled water if the individual cells are low.

You should have been trickle charging the battery when you weren’t using it. Too late now.(edited)

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> NEVER add acid to an old battery, only distilled water if the individual

> cells are low.

>

> You should have been trickle charging the battery when you weren’t using

> it. Too late now.

I'll second that^ .

J M , for an SLA battery , take the dimensions of the original battery :

Battery Details:

Battery Type: 6N2-2A-4

Dimensions: 2 3⁄4 in. x 1 7⁄8 in. x 3 3⁄4 in.

Metric Dimensions: 70mm x 47mm x 96mm

And , find a 6 Volt SLA with similar dimensions . Hopefully , there's a bit of wiggle room in the battery box . I've made considerably bigger batteries 'fit' . ;)

Possibly :

SLA Battery

Typically , an SLA will have a higher amp-hour ( AH ) rating . That's a good thing .

And , the OEM connections will have to be altered to accommodate the SLA connections .(edited)

Or go to batteries plus and get a battery. you have a store or two in your area.

can you use the same trickle charger for the SLA as you would use for other batteries ?

do you need the fuse for SLA?

Yes to both of your last questions .

Always use a fuse in line . Cheap insurance .

And 6v battery chargers are free if you're paying attention.

20191008_194340.jpg
20191008_194500.jpg

^Very clever!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account