87 Honda Elite50 "O" Ring Help

I've searched for information regarding O-rings on this moped. I'm not finding much but I did find something that said I could use Plumbing O-rings. Aren't I supposed to use gas resistant o rings or does it really matter? Otherwise I'm looking for or rings that go on to the electrical component that goes into my carburetor.

Not sure what it's proper name is but it looks like a fuel injection part which I assume is related to the electric start system.

I'm used to running mopeds that don't have electric start and this is my first moped with electric start.

Re: 87 Honda Elite50 "O" Ring Help

Any auto parts store should have fuel resistant o rings .

I know that both NAPA and Oreilly's has a selection .

My local Oreilly's and Autozone didnt have anything this small.

I'll have to check NAPA! Thanks for your response.

You wouldn't happen to know the size specs of these, would you? Or a repair manual link?

You cant buy just the oring at Oriellys. They have an assortment box in metric and fractional inch. Check those. Your application would dictate metric for sure. Try a bearing shop. Ive bought orings there besides the usual bearings and seals.(edited)

That sounds like the bystarter (carb enricher for cold starts) o-ring. It should be metric of course. You might also try the plumbing o-ring assortment at the hardware store. Measure the thickness of the old o-ring with a caliper and measure the depressed section of the shaft of the bystarter to get the o-ring I.D.

> Brian G Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You wouldn't happen to know the size specs of these, would you? Or a

> repair manual link?

Service Manual Link

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You cant buy just the oring at Oriellys.

I have bought individual orings at Oreilly's . You have to ask .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account