Replaced a bad engine that needs rebuilding with a rebuilt one this weekend and when I got it put back together it had no spark. has good compression and is getting gas.
Things that should be mentioned:
1. when I took the bike apart, it had good spark and fired up immediately.
2. before taking the bike apart, the brake light would come on when i turned the key
3. now, the only things that work with just the ignition is the horn and the turn signals. brake light is out. did not try to start the bike without the battery other than testing the spring lever return with the ignition off.
4. checked the points, but they seem clean and the spacing is about right. they could need more TLC.
5. have checked spark with multiple spark plugs.
any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.