Honda express 1982

So I replaced the headlight and all the other bulbs .Front head light and left front turn signal work, well left front signal stands on. Not sure if it’s suppose to or not.

Brake and taillight work also. Any help to get the rest going would be appreciated!!!

Re: Honda express 1982

Captain Janeway /

how about the rear turn signals?

On that left one, open case and make sure it's seated right. Seriously. Could be that simple. Why go into the electrical gremlins if you don't have to?

Replaced rear also and I have nothing for turns in the back

No front right turn signal either

And now that it is dark, high beam is low on the switch and vise versa

9F3847EA-4FEC-4792-B863-B07AB1FCF7F4.jpeg
83E21852-B2A2-4FCE-BE09-60C830894942.jpeg
DBECC6C6-BCEF-4FB9-8F03-0D55FC106754.jpeg

Flasher may be bad, trace the wires, check contacts for corrosion, make sure you have a battery installed, don't worry about the inverted hi/lo beam.

Sounds like you wires crossed, not hooked up, not hooked up correctly inside the headlight bucket. Who changed the headlight bulb???

I changed the headlight connect blue to blue, green to green, white to white. Blue has high and low I believe split with a red wire too. Hooked up the way I pulled out the old light. Bike seems to be 100 % original.

I read somewhere that if headlight isn’t working the rest of lights won’t work. Noticed the turn indicator light and high beam light are burnt out , do I need to complete the circuit????

Replaced flasher with a cheap China one off Amazon, is there a way to test . I suck with electrical lol

And I replaced the battery putting out 6.4 to 6.7

If someone has a link to a colored wire diagram for an 82 that would be wonderful

And where did you get this "replacement" headlight from?

Headlight came from 4 into 1

> Dino S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If someone has a link to a colored wire diagram for an 82 that would be

> wonderful

Maybe :

https://www.google.com/search?q=1982+honda+express+wiring+diagram&sxsrf=ACYBGNQIDmIM-RwH0cIviZFz1GUyN30q-A:1569607649357&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdpoGTzPHkAhVvuVkKHYW5CKUQ_AUIEygC&biw=1313&bih=608#imgrc=Xs45jkYUoq2C-M:

> Dino S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Headlight came from 4 into 1

And its a genuine Honda replacement N.O.S. part????????

I went cheap, thinking it would better to be able to replace the bulb. Definitely not an oem .

B046F05D-7165-429F-B141-C76D96A400EC.png

Ok, I have used basically the same thing from Treatland. I do remember having to cut and change a connection (bullet style connectors) on the replacement in order to get it wired correctly. As I remember I cut one of the connectors off of the old bulb and wired to replacement. IIRC not all the wire colors matched either. This could explain the high/low beams working backwards on the switch in your situation. In the end mine has worked flawlessly. Have only replaced bulb inside new housing once in well over 2000 miles.

The other issues you are having are seperate from the headlight.(edited)

Yes I had to cut one wire too, I am more concerned about the turn signals.i think I will order some bulbs for the high beam and turn signal Indicators, is there one for the speedo also. I didn’t check that, and see if that helps then trace wires I guess.

Is the battery good? Switch the two hot wires around going to the headlight and see if high and low beam work correctly.

Yes I just replaced it , I’m new to this field of bikes lol. Had no clue I couldn’t start without a battery and blew the light. But I enjoy this one so much I went and bought three project bikes and figured it will give me something to do over the winter. I will definitely try tomorrow.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account