Re: Honda Express nc50 1980 Carb

live ɘvil /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Mike Rudko Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I got the float needles from amazon. They are rubber tipped yes. Is

> there a way of cleaning them?

I know from personal experience that not all rubber tipped float needles are created equal. I have had problems with aftermarket float needles not working correctly. In fact on more than one occasion ive had to resort to o.e.m. needles to get carbs to function correctly. This has all been on different jap motorcycles ive worked on over the years. Its like the rubber used on aftermarket needles is inferior and swells or deforms (from fuel exposure) thus causing leaks and or carb flooding with gasoline. This was happening with brand new aftermarket needles right out of the package upon installation. I would bench test before installing a rack of four carbs back onto motor. Most sets of carbs were a pain in the ass to install and remove so bench testing saved a lot of time and headaches.

If you can't find the original Honda needle then try another aftermarket source. (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account