Kreidler Flory clutch lever leak

as the title says I recently got a flory that has the clutch lever leak. I replaced the o-ring and after that didnt work I attempted to silicone it to no avail. Does anyone know anything that I'm missing out on? I figured the new o-ring would fix it but it didn't, maybe the previous owner replaced it with the incorrect one and sold it as is. I tried a bigger ring but couldn't get it to seat properly, so may try that again. Please let me know if you have any info or experience on it, thanks!

IMG_20190919_183715.jpg
IMG_20190919_183722.jpg

Re: Kreidler Flory clutch lever leak

I just walked a friend through this, he pulled the whole thing out to replace the o-ring but I'm pretty sure it woulda worked without disassembling the whole transmission. But either way, it did work. I dunno, there was a write up if you search that I think he used

I can't find the write up anywhere, I think one of my keywords was preventing that. I'll check around again, but if you have the link I would be very greatful, Thanks!

Update: Sourced the correct size from a kreidler manual, which was 20mm x 2.5mm, still leaking, I believe now it may just have a gouge in the metal letting oil out but I can't see one, there's really no other solution I could think of. If anyone has any advice for it let me know, thanks!

You might try a few wraps of thread tape in the o ring groove and put the oring in over the tape . Then install the shaft . Grease or oil the part well before installation .

You might try cleaning out the case vent. They get clogged easily and contribute to the leak you're experiencing. This will take the pressure off that o-ring.

thanks man! I'll try it out!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account