Newport not starting, but was running fine would love help

Hawthorne Swan-Scott /

I have come into a bit of problem after registering my newly finished Puch Newport (1977) I took it on a few short trips with no issues. Today on the other hand I drove it around 5 miles (4.7) to be exact where it ran fairly well even with a few burst of gained speed (which I am wondering it was just straight gasoline which could of resulted in the bursts of speed). I waited about 15 minutes and attempted to take it back to my house it started right up but then stalled and now will not start again. The volt meter tells me I am still getting around 10 volts, and when I turn the throttle and try and kick it over a little blue smoke comes out. But I don't understand why it is still will not start, nothing had changed from when it was running well this morning.

I am thinking that it might be a gas issue but I am not sure, I use 87 for the fuel and I know it has enough 2 stroke oil because it was running well before. Any thoughts or help you be great just want to get it running again, thanks.

Re: Newport not starting, but was running fine would love help

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Check your bulbs it has a safety feature that if any of your light bulbs are blown or if your horn doesn't work properly it will neither start or idle see puch horn bypass in the wiki if it is the safety it will usually start with the front brake held in

Timing slipped?

Bad Cadillac™ /

You shouldn't have to turn the throttle to get it to start, just put the choke on when cold. What happens when you do that?

confused, is this a oil injection puch?

Overpriced Parts /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> confused, is this a oil injection puch?

Nope just someone who doesn’t know anything about any internal combustion engine

A 2 stroke engine is one of the most simple engines yet the most complex !

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account