Newport not starting, but was running fine would love help

Hawthorne Swan-Scott /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have come into a bit of problem after registering my newly finished Puch Newport (1977) I took it on a few short trips with no issues. Today on the other hand I drove it around 5 miles (4.7) to be exact where it ran fairly well even with a few burst of gained speed (which I am wondering it was just straight gasoline which could of resulted in the bursts of speed). I waited about 15 minutes and attempted to take it back to my house it started right up but then stalled and now will not start again. The volt meter tells me I am still getting around 10 volts, and when I turn the throttle and try and kick it over a little blue smoke comes out. But I don't understand why it is still will not start, nothing had changed from when it was running well this morning.

I am thinking that it might be a gas issue but I am not sure, I use 87 for the fuel and I know it has enough 2 stroke oil because it was running well before. Any thoughts or help you be great just want to get it running again, thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account