Moby 50V shorted out

Wild West Pony /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The other night riding my Moby, my decomp cable snapped at the cylinder. I reached down to movie it out of the way while the bike was still running and got shocked/zapped. I thought I touched the spark plug the wrong way or something, but the lights went out and I lost all power. Now I'm having trouble starting the bike, when it does, I can only get 7mph tops and it doesn't go on full throttle. Did I short the Ignition coil somehow? The tail light does work but it's extremely dim at higher rpms when I can get it to rev up. If the headlight blew, could this cause an electrical issue? A bad light doesn't usually cause this problem... I'm going to replace the stock 40yo coil and see if that fixes it, but other than that I have no idea what happened. Ran like a charm beforehand

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account