1979 garelli grand sport dosen't start

Richard Camacho /

I have a 1979 garelli grand sport dosen't start complete rebuilt engine upgraded to

Magneto ignition from treatland not sure if the coil wire is producing any spark I try pedalling dont see any spark however when I start pedalling the head light and tail light work I try several positions on the top dead center a markings on the stator with no luck I did follow the instructions as written in the instructions I change to a new dellorto carb still does not fire up or back fire when changing positions on the flywheel. Can someone out who had several problems with the new stater magneto from treatland. Tv moped parts in California.

Re: 1979 garelli grand sport dosen't start

What all parts did you actually install in the ignition?

dont have the fancy cdi stuff, but check your timing if u can.

Richard Camacho /

I recently install a new HPI CDI magneto I finally figure it out I kept trying different positions untill it started now running great be advise that you really can't time these units lots of work I try do it the right way according to the instructions that didn't work. I read two other people had similar problems they ignored the instructions did it there way and the to got there moped startd.

> Richard Camacho Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I recently install a new HPI CDI magneto I finally figure it out I kept

> trying different positions untill it started now running great be advise

> that you really can't time these units lots of work I try do it the

> right way according to the instructions that didn't work. I read two

> other people had similar problems they ignored the instructions did it

> there way and the to got there moped startd.

It's easy to time the HPI on a Garelli. At least mine was.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account