Re: Blew out the lights!!!

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Depending on year but if stock 1980 6 wire Stator it self excites and self regulates itself as long as you use the correct wattage bulbs,

if you do not use the correct wattage bulbs yeah you can start blowing something, (21w head light, .5w speedo, 10w brake light and 5w tail light,)

BFF26822-5D19-4A27-80F1-57B6DB984289.jpeg

If someone modified it hardwired it or anything else like putting all the lights on one coil yeah you could blow some stuff, you should have a 21 W coil, a 10 W coil, a 5 W coil, and a ignition coil,

The air gap has to be in specs too,

2185E6C3-3471-4152-B2D6-5DA649F4AB1A.jpeg

I run several 55 mph kitted bikes and occasionally one of my bikes tail light burns out, but that only happened like twice in 10 years and I found a 7w bulb that didn’t blow or make any of the other bulbs blow,

I had a problem with the headlight blowing out on a magnum do to tip of the bulb solder melting but cleaning the contact and putting another blob of solder on the bulb and it worked fine

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account