Garelli SSXL stalling when engaging brakes

Anthony Z /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My Garelli SSXL is stalling whenever I engage either brake. If I hold the brake in for more than a second it will stall.

I'm convinced this is not an idling issue because the moped idols consistently without stalling when at a complete stop. In other words, the moped will idol at 0mph.

I've read that the moped will cut off when engaging the brakes if the brake light is out. However, the brake and plate light manages to come on when the brakes are engaged just before the moped cuts off.

Am I dealing with a bad ground wire? Do these mopeds have fuses? I'm assuming theres a short somewhere in the system thats causing the moped to not make a complete circuit when the brakes are engaged. I'm savvy when it comes to basic motorcycle/moped repair until I'm dealing with electrical issues, so it'd be greatly appreciated if you all can simplify any advice/suggestions.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account