New carb?

Drake Abrahamsson /

14mm bing carb incessantly leaking even after a new float needle, new float that is parallel when upside down and polished-to-hell float needle seat and a fresh gasket. Anything else I’m missing? It holds gas when I take the float bowl off and very lightly press up on the float. Should I just get a new carb? Any recommendations for a different one? 70cc treats kit, tecno circuit pipe and aforementioned 14mm bing. Treats 18% off sale ends at midnight so I might say frick it and somewhat unwillingly get a new carb but I’d rather not.

Re: New carb?

Try adjusting the float so there's a little lower fuel level . More angle when upside down .

Drake Abrahamsson /

At what point is too much angle? Is there such thing? I want to do this correct but if there’s no way to do so then I might as well upgrade/replace

Drake Abrahamsson /

At what point is too much angle? Is there such thing? Also if I want to upgrade, any recommendations?

Drake Abrahamsson /

Woops I guess that’s up twice, weird

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Try adjusting the float so there's a little lower fuel level . More

> angle when upside down .

Ya you can bend the metal tab a little bit to give yourself more closure. I’ll sometimes put a new fuel line on the carb, blow lightly and move the float up until it is hard to move air. Then I’ll adjust it where I want to by bending the metal part of the bing float.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account