Motobecane Sebring part 77 for clutch clip

Hey guys. I broke this part pictured below. It is part 77. It’s a metal clip( slightly thicker than a paper clip) that connects the starter cable to the actually starter. Does anyone have this part ?

40291D3F-672C-4565-9F03-F2E1BE8F6BD7.jpeg

Re: Motobecane Sebring part 77 for clutch clip

Get rid of the spring and run the cable end through the ball bearing starter plate where the spring goes instead.

Just make a clip. I don't know about trusting your hand grip return spring to do the job. I'd leave the spring there to rotate the bearing back off the huge washer it contacts .

MopedLar gave me an extra one(THANKS,again,Larry!), but I think it was his last.

On these old mopeds, you need at least one parts engine to fall back on for parts.

Oh,and Bruce...……….usually those things don't break if starter clutch cable is adjusted right. You just want the starter clutch to engage and turn the engine when the lever in your hand is almost nearly collapsed all the way. Too tight and you'll snap things.

The return spring is on the other side, he broke the cable tension spring. Basically as long as you don’t set the cable to tight and crush the starter bearing you’re gravy.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account