I'd like to cut a new profile into the dome of my "old style" e50 head.

Brad William /

Anyone know where I might come by a rough approximation of the right dome profile for use with the Airsal 44mm kit? Just a roughly appropriate profile, hand drawn or 2d cad, with approximately correct displacement and squish zone. I want to use my old head with the kit and modifying the dome would be a breeze on my lathe if I had some template to go by.

Re: I'd like to cut a new profile into the dome of my "old style" e50 head.

Something to think about :

https://2strokeheads.com/index.php/sale

Vintage cycle modifications.

Brad William /

Any 'generic' profile anyone might offer?

There's another thread on this. The head treats offers for the 44mm airsal kit (old style cylinder) does not match up (new style head). I'd just as soon use my original head, save 60 dollars, and keep a cleaner look. I'd rather not revisit that thread since there's, oddly, some pushback on the aesthetic tastes of the OP.

Evidently the old head, with the right gaskets, will suffice. But a little tweaking would go a long way to correct the squish area and overall displacement. I have a lathe. It would take 15 minutes tops if I had something to go by. If someone here has a recently designed 44 or 45mm head for 65 to 70cc maybe you could press some wire solder into it, lay that wire profile on a white piece of paper, and post a photo? I could scale and print the photo easily enough. LIke I said. Precision is really not critical here.(edited)

Brad William /

Can I just rescale the math here? Close enough for a pretty unsophsticated e50 I'd think. No?

newdome2.gif
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account