Tomos cog removal

I got an a35. Had a first gear clutch shoe crack and fragment and it chipped a tooth on the second gear cog that's on the main shaft. I removed the nut and washer. I thought from the diagram that the nut was holding the gears to the shaft and it would slide off but I'm wrong. I got a clutch puller on it but it still won't budge. Help a dumbass out

Re: Tomos cog removal

Pickle fork

Try a balljoint press install remover tool or bring it to a shop have it pressed off new one put on. I used the balljoint tool for that purpose also works on the clutch bell when removing or pressing the one way bearing. Like a mini press.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Check your metric extensions for your sockets I bet you one slips right through and hangs out on the other side and you get the right thing on there you give it one good whack with a brass hammer and it pops a ball joint Fork Works in that kind of situation to

I haven't removed the gears from the case, I got the 3 claw clutch puller on it. I think it should do the same thing as the pickle fork. Once I figure out how to get the cog to slide off the shaft, the rest shouldn't be an issue

IMG_20190907_143020309.jpg

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

WHOA WHOA WHOA.....thhose gears just pull right out by hand! What are you doing?

wiggle it out n work on a bench

I'm trying to pull the second gear off the shaft. I don't think putting it on my bench is going to make a big difference. All the diagrams I've looked at show the small cog coming off this way. I'm gonna wiggle wiggle wiggle now

A very persistent wiggle was all I needed. Thanks y'allz

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account