brand new malossi 62 cc kit piston sticking!

knoll d’grasse /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i picked up a 62 cc malossi kit and high compression head kit from treats. mounted up to a sachs504 bottom end with an adapter and some minor dremeling.

oiled up the cylinder and piston liberally

when installing. piston slid into cylinder easily when installing, but when trying to pedal start, it sticks and locks the rear wheel.

i checked the starter clutch and it’s ok, have a single cable as original jug had decomp; this kit doesn’t.

for the life of me, i don’t know why it is sticking in the cylinder. i took the head off a few times to verify: starts at top, it gets stuck at bottom of rotation and won’t fire at all.

i did verify that the piston ring is on properly and lined up with the locating pin.

i haven’t been able to find any posts about this specific modification on my application.

please help.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account