Re: Why These Vespa Bravo Forks So Soft?

Matthew Coles /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I read through Joe's thread, and based on that, modified my super-soft Bravo front shocks by adding external springs as shown in the other images in the thread. I ordered two sets of springs from Century Springs since I couldn't find anything that seemed like it'd fit locally. One set I ordered was a bit too stiff, but the other seems just about perfect. It's part 3394, with the following specs:

Material Spring Steel - SPR

Wire Dia (in) 0.135

O. D. (in) 1.390

I. D. (in) 1.120

Free Length (in) 5.50

Total Coils 17.00

Rate (lb/in) 16.00

Ends Closed - C

Suggested Max Load (lb) 49.000

Suggested Max Deflection (in) 3.100

Solid Length (in) 2.43

Standard Finish Zinc - Z

These are $10 each, and seem to preserve the "Bravo bounce" without feeling like using the front brakes is going to throw you forward off the bike. I'm a little concerned that the fender will rub against it ever so slightly, but since mine is a bit of a beater, it's not that big a deal for me personally.

Hopefully that's useful to anyone else out there looking to improve their own Bravo shocks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account