Why These Vespa Bravo Forks So Soft?

The front shocks on my Bravo super soft. I replace the seals and topped off the oil, but nothing changed. There are no other remedies in the Haynes manual either. Not sure what else I can do.

Any ideas what's going on here? Anything I can do to improve?

Re: Why These Vespa Bravo Forks So Soft?

Use heavier oil .

Maybe heavier springs .

I saw someone put external coil springs over the smaller shaft.

Linky Linky

Read this thread.

Tried that. No difference.

link not working. can you repost?

I used a set of porch swing springs on mine. It got rid of the wet noodle feel.

DE35358A-351D-4AB6-B711-59ED12F266CF.jpeg
A5834258-C1AC-471C-A7E7-43F53C024A22.jpeg

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,4247899

Try this. It’s Joe’s thread about those springs.^^^

How are they holding up, Joe? Wiper cups still okay?

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How are they holding up, Joe? Wiper cups still okay?

Yeah still working well, I borrowed the variator stuff from it recently for my bravo chopper build. I’ll get the ciao going again soon it’s one of my favorite bikes to ride.

So what's weird is that previously I agreed that they are miserable. But I've been extensively riding them of late at 25 mph and the freaking bike feels at that speed like ktm !!! I always wanted a speedy bravo and ended up with a zippy bravo that gets up quickly. and it handles on all sorts of strangeness. Such as speed bumps perfectly

You know, I agree. They really soft in person when you pump them, but on the road I don't mind them much.

i like the soft suspension. as long as you arent bottoming out , who cares? its mopeds....

bravos are sweet for trips through the woods.

Ssssooooo.... You all know the oil in Bravo forks does nothing.... Right?

The fork springs have no pistons in them, so nothing slows down the flow of oil, and no damping occurs.

If you take them apart you'll find out.

The addition of springs idea is a good one though.

Ike of course at least I know that. And I had real tired springs when I bought the bravo. When I redid everything and had it all painted I lucked out on a nos set that was primed only and never ever run. It's those forks that I honestly thought were near as bad as the original set but now have revised my opinion of. I don't think they are a fork to hit speed at and expect motorcycle street handling. These new ones like the low speed mid twenties but also ride on grass or a speed bump near perfect at slow speed. They shine at super low speeds. Very strange and it makes me sure that the designers envisioned this moped for the low speed cobblestones of Europe. My grande will ride way more motorcycle like but the bravo is unique. I think they way I've been riding it of late is what it was designed originally to do.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account