I am so frusturated

Devan Fernholz /

I need alot of help. I got a broken down moped from a family friend that had no key and no battery. I stripped the wire harness because it was old and not connected. I made a redneak version of the wire harness that consisted of the killswitch and the electric start. the other problem with it was the carb is a 2 stage and the idle jet (not sure if I'm using the right words bit it was the small one) was permanently clogged. I ordered a new carb but it was too big for the engine and it backfired and overrevved. I took the idle jet from the big carb and put it in the stock one and it ran perfect for a bit. I'll try to explain the best I can but the engine will shift between 2 'modes' the first one being it runs perfectly and the second is hard to explain. it will over idle so that you can't have it stopped while running because you will be pulled with it and if you throttle more than 15% it will sound like its not getting gas and bog down. it constantly accelerates without the throttle. its not cable problems because it works fine so I have no idea. I don't have a photo but I can take one soon. the carb doesn't have a air filter but I don't think that's it. please help I am in mental pain.

Re: I am so frusturated

Dirty30 Dillon /

Any information at all concerning the bike would be useful.

More than likely you have a scooter and are reaching out to the wrong crowd.

Devan Fernholz /

I forgot that its a SSR motor sports lazer 5, its a 50cc 4 stroke and is form china so replacement parts are expensive. if you need any more info just ask

Overpriced Parts /

> Devan Fernholz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I forgot that its a SSR motor sports lazer 5, its a 50cc 4 stroke and is

> form china so replacement parts are expensive. if you need any more info

> just ask

Take your bike (if you wanna call it that) to your local scrap dealer/metal recycler and whatever money you get for it put towards a real vintage, two cycle, pedal-moped from the 70s or 80s and then we will talk!

Moped army is nothing to do with your pot metal junk china bike sorry,

Here is the Moped Army Mission Statement:

The Moped Army is the organizational end result of an outcropping of moped enthusiasts throughout the nation. Seeing it as more than just an easy and inexpensive way to get around town, members uphold the moped as a way of life. Although the advantages as a mode of transportation are many, a similar mind set is what brings us together. We see the moped as more than a means of travel, and truly believe in the lifestyle that accompanies riding one.

It’s all about the moped’s aesthetic, its marginalized status in our society, the friendly traveling, easy stop communication, and our ability to enjoy the trip, as well as the destination.

2-Stroke Power. Swarm and Destroy not four stroke china junk pot metal made of killing political prisoners for their organs bikes !

Boy are you silly!

Anybody! I mean anybody who wants a real European or American 70s or 80s Moped contact me! do not have anything to do with a regime that kills people (even their own) and sells their organs if they say one word against their dictator!

I feel sorry for you and maybe I could help without you buying a bike that kills children and people do to no safety requirements as well as environmental requirements that pollute the earth 10 times more than USA!

China take a deep breath!

B46345F9-E55B-41A3-899F-8AA7D6413A38.jpeg

> Devan Fernholz Wrote:

> form china so replacement parts are expensive. if you need any more info

> just ask

Don't listen to Ken. He's one of the people who have never even seen a Lazer in person but will sit on here and trash them all day.

What do you mean parts are expensive? Where are you looking for parts? The fact that it's from China means it takes Chinese parts which are super duper cheap. Have you looked for somewhere to buy jets for your carburetor instead of switching jets between the two carbs you have?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Devan Fernholz Wrote:

> form china so replacement parts are expensive.

Given your level of understanding, it may be more worthwhile to either a) buy a different, running bike, or b) buy a complete running Honda-clone and put it onto your bike.

Devan Fernholz /

I've looked and looked and looked for parts but they don't have any other parts than like the gas cap and pedals and the gas cap $60! I have no money to invest in a new one and even if I sell it as he mentioned I couldn't afford or want a different one. my friend informed me that it might be a bad electrical connection and it running lean so I'm going to try to connect it better and put a filter on it.

On a positive note, if parts are truly that difficult and exspensive to buy then part that bitch out and try to make some money. Buy something better. Get some other opinions before buying the next one.

How much are you into this thing for?

Devan Fernholz /

currently I'm in like $25 and some zipties. I don't have money to buy another one that and this isn't a hobby its just hopefully going to be transportation. if I sell this ill never get another. things only worth a grand in the first place.

Well it's prolly a carb issue...

Huh? Parts are super cheap. It's a horizontal Honda clone. Nearly everything from a Honda will fit including clone stuff like lifan.

I just searched lifan 50cc carb here's a carb for $13. Prolly fit your intake, check your intake first.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRVHO4M/

A whole 25 bucks ...

A wise man once told me : "If you can't afford to put gas in it , don't buy it ."

Sounds like you should try to get your money back or just give it away and be on with your life .

wow. I'd say you have an intake leak. sometimes a leak I your system will make the engine rev like this.

do you know how to check for leaks?

tighten everything and try adjusting your idle screw too.

> Devan Fernholz Wrote:

> currently I'm in like $25 and some zipties. I don't have money to buy

> another one that and this isn't a hobby its just hopefully going to be

> transportation. if I sell this ill never get another. things only worth

> a grand in the first place.

You're doing good to get a grand out of one of those. There are people that collect them but not many around here. I had one person pass me his contact info anytime I saw one for sale.

You can buy a nice running vintage moped for less than $1000. It will be easier to find parts for and most likely more reliable. You should be able to get quite a bit more than the $25 you have invested into it. I dont know where to find parts for these, much less ever work on one.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account