I'm making good progress. The noise from the stator/flywheel was self inflicted: I neglected to fully tighten the stator plate screws. I normally use a touch of impact driver on these and for whatever reason, forgot...
With the noise solved, I put a lower jet (75) in and although it improved it still suffered the bogs at WOT. I then changed back to the unmarked jet that came with the carb (assuming a 70) and it ran much better with higher top speed.....but still a BOG at the very top. I also raised the clip on my needle and the acceleration improved decently. I'm leaning towards this clone carb being rich for whatever reason.
I will take it for a longer ride, but I think the new charge coil solved the initial, and major problem, of it dying out after a few minutes.
Below is a photo of the charge coil installed. I also took a picture of the clone jet (shorter) next to the mikuni jet. Note that the clone jet uses an o-ring which I'm guessing is there to make it taller when installed - similar to the Mikuni.
I will ride for extended time tonight to make sure the dying out problem is solved. I will look at the spark plug as well. I think I will try a lower main jet.