Any way to brighten Pacer/Morini headlamp?

Hey friends -

I'm wondering if there's any way to get my headlamp on my 1977 Pacer w Morini m01 brighter? I understand that it's an older 6v system and only shines when it throttles and that's just the way the wiring system is...but, even so, the headlamp is so dim it doesn't really light up anything before me at night.

Any way to get it beaming?

Re: Any way to brighten Pacer/Morini headlamp?

Switch to a 6v halogen or better bulb all around...is it's a sealed beam? Get a replaceable bulb unit and try sumfin else

It is sealed I believe. I saw halogen available. But it was a 6v 25w bulb...Pacer uses a 6v 21w bulb. Would that blow?

Correction - it's not sealed! So can I try just replacing the bulb w a 6v led bulb?

Led would prob need a regulator, try the halogen, clean the reflector inside if at all possible.

Ok cool. Just want to double check...the light for a Pacer is 6v 21 watts...halogen I see only comes in 6v 25w. Would that blow?

> Rob S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok cool. Just want to double check...the light for a Pacer is 6v 21

> watts...halogen I see only comes in 6v 25w. Would that blow?

No, it would be less likely to blow.

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Led would prob need a regulator, try the halogen, clean the reflector

> inside if at all possible.

If you don't mind the flicker on low RPMs the LED does work but can also burn out without being setup correctly. I ran for a year with an LED and it was brighter but the one I used wasn't as bright as I would have liked.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account