Engine dies when stopped - Clutch?

Jordan Carter /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi all,

I’ve tried so many things to get this fixed, but no luck. Moped is a 1979 Puch Magnum MK II-ZA50. So I’ll start with the top where problems all started:

I swapped the transmission fluid, it came out thick and was grey in color (almost looked like liquid clay).

I put in 10W-40 and bike started-no problem, but at stop signs would stall out on me.

I then tried ATF (but could only find CVT fuild). Same issue as above.

I’ve tried upjetting the carb, actually swapped the rear axel to sealed bearings, played with various idle setting and have ensured consistent fuel flow.

I do have proper type F oil, and lucus oil additive if needed, but before I go trying more oil types I wanted the forums thoughts on this.

The bike shifts into 2nd without issue. This is very annoying for me so any thoughts here are appreciated.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account