Tomos was running fine, now it will isle but won’t run

It was running perfectly then it started bogging. it would get up to speed after it cleared out, now it will start and idle fine but if you give it any gas it dies. Help? If you need more info let me know

Re: Tomos was running fine, now it will isle but won’t run

Air leaks probably. Jug to base likely.

spark plug

Mine done that. Until i loosend the clamp and made sure the carb was nice and snug all the way against the intake then it ran right again.

dirty carb

How would I look for an air leak?

Drake Abrahamsson /

Spray carb or brake cleaner on the joints (intake, head to cylinder, cylinder to base, etc.) and if your moped dies or bogs, you’ve got a leak. Make sure everything is torqued correctly and if it’s not that you’ll need a new gasket. Make sure to use the same thickness gasket that’s already there so you don’t mess with the spacing/squish.

Yeah i heard it could interfere with port timing or something to that nature!

your timing might have jumped, sheared key or pin, etc.

Josiah Radebaugh /

I would first check for an air leak around where the carb clamps on the intake. I

typical symptoms of a clogged main jet with the idle circuit still clear. Are you running ethanol free?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Run it with the gas cap off I bet your vent is clogged another Maybe the fuel flow something's in your tank clogged in your filter pull the plug see what color it is if you're running rich or lean they'll tell you if there's an air leak

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account