Tomos Transmission repair-

Paul Bubnash /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey guys, needing some advice on a tomos transmission issue. So just opened it up after there was a loud mechanical pop while shifting. Looks like the sprag clip(if thats what the little piece of wire is in there?) got caught by a gear. Looks like it chipped one of the gear teeth partially, other than that, no noticable damage. I noticed more noise from the transmission afterward, mostly a rattle coming to a stop. But it still rides and shifts fine. My question is: do i need to take the clutches and gears off and replace this clip?Is it needed? The first and second gears seem to have a bit of play as well, seems like it can move around a bit. Is that normal or something to do with the clip? Also anything special to know about taking the clutches and gears off?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account