wheel spinning scarily fast during idle? puch maxi

noah wingren /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

me again,

ive been messing with my bike today because it wasnt starting. i gave it a new spark plug, made the seal where the throttle cable i just replaced tighter, and have been messing with the screws trying to get it started. suddenly, it starts on a quarter kick but the rear wheel spins so aggressively, and seems to be speeding up, so i've just been getting scared and turning it off. what could this be? could it have something to do with the overlong cable i just put on? or the clutch? clutch has worked fine and it has idled normally before, so my hope its just adjusting the idle until it calms down but i'm afraid to keep trying and don't remember which direction does what. its a dellorto carb w an idle and a mix screw. i can post videos of the problem & of how loose the throttle cable is on request

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account