Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?

live ɘvil /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Bob Blarney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for your attention.

>

> I'm sorting a basketcase NC50, and when I did the electrical checks, I

> found no continuity in the rectifier and the spark plug coil cable (the

> black/white wire test worked).

>

> When I checked the continuity of the alternator wires, there is

> continuity through the black/white wire but not through the yellow or

> white wires. Do I conclude that the alternator is toast?

>

> I also noted in the shop manual to never turn the flywheel clockwise.

> If that was done, would it have burned out the components?

Nope, it has to do with wind up starting mechanism on oppisite side of motor being damaged. (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Topic by: Bob Blarney Bob Blarney 08/20/19 10:21AM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 08/20/19 11:56AM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Bob Blarney Bob Blarney 08/20/19 01:25PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 08/20/19 01:39PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Bob Blarney Bob Blarney 08/20/19 02:44PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Nick MBC Nick MBC 08/20/19 03:30PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Bob Blarney Bob Blarney 08/20/19 04:53PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 08/20/19 05:10PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 08/20/19 04:19PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Jack Rutherford Jack Rutherford 08/20/19 05:08PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Bob Blarney Bob Blarney 08/20/19 06:13PM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Aaron Blair Aaron Blair 08/21/19 04:52AM
  Re: spinning the NC50 alternator clockwise kills it, and the rectifier & coil?Re: Bob Blarney Bob Blarney 08/21/19 07:41AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account