Thanks already for the help here a few follow up questions on these same points.
1) Im using a ration of 50:1 is this incorrect? Current jet is a 62, I could up this to say a 68 if you all think that’s advisable.
2) Very interested in learning more about this. Essentially your saying that the temp gauge (copper ring) has been harder and not there’s a small leak? Is this an issue?
3) I understand what you’re saying about the position of the slide, but how can I tell how the slide is positioned within the carb?
4) sounds like I should possible just look into getting new cables here.
5) Can you clarify - does this mean the choke “rod” should be pushed all the way down?
Sorry for all the silly questions. I’ve enjoyed learning this far here - it will take me sometime to get up to speed.