Tomos Targa ignition switch

Brycen Deines /

My ignition switch is causing my ped to have no spark, it only showed spark when I moved the switch back and forth. Took the switch apart and the pic shows where I'm at with brown & black cut. I left the other wires that led to light switch. What do I do with the switch wires now or to wire with the yellow/black from stator? Hellllp...

20190731_234844.jpg
20190731_232955.jpg

Re: Tomos Targa ignition switch

A third post for the same thing .

Why not wait for answers to the first ?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

okay this is how you do it you take the black wire that comes off the Magneto that is your signal or your trigger that goes right to the coil it had a branch that went to the kill switch leave the kill switch off of it just wrap the wire so it doesn't make any kind of contact with anything the yellow wire that comes off the Magneto is your power out it goes to the regulator box

Brycen Deines /

So from the stator there's the black and yellow and there's a smaller black going strait to coil then the 2 plugs you see in the pic. I just unplug those and leave the one on the coil? Anything else? I tried that and no spark but I was getting spark when the killswitch wasn't cut when we'd wiggle the switch.

20190731_232955.jpg

Re:

Brycen Deines /

So from the stator there's the black and yellow and there's a smaller black going strait to coil then the 2 plugs you see in the pic. I just unplug those and leave the one on the coil? Anything else? I tried that and no spark but I was getting spark when the killswitch wasn't cut when we'd wiggle the switch.

20190731_232955.jpg

all your kill switch does is ground that black wite that goes to coil. if its disconnected and no spark, then make sure every connection is clean and tight. coil, grounds, plug wire n cap.

Brycen Deines /

I ran the black straight from motor to coil and no spark.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Is that points or CDI or is it the pointless CDI? I left a link in your original post with all the wiring diagrams it may be if it has points that they're off bypassing the kill switch was just the first step in diagnosing your problem

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It could be your brake wiring and when you hold in your front brake it will start

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account