Re: Honda Urban Express Wiring / Battery

Addison Duke /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Captain Janeway Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> One of the wires with the battery ( the one with that little bracket)

> looks like one that hooks to battery + lead. Attach a connector of some

> type to green wire and hook to - on battery. Red lines in center should

> have a fuse in between the metal pieces. Post a better picture so I can

> double-check the hook up I outlined.

>

> Read manual and look at wiring diagram.

>

> DON'T RUN WITHOUT THE BATTERY. YOU'LL BLOW ALL YOUR LIGHTS!

>

> Check diagram to make sure the lights wires all match up.

>

> Double check those bulbs again. Turning on just the ignition shoot give

> you blinkers and turn signals. Bike needs to be on to get headlight.

>

> Good luck-- read manual

Thanks for the analysis! I spent a lot of time looking at the wiring diagram and manual last night and your breakdown of things confirms a lot of what I was guessing at.

I'm definitely setting getting a new battery as my number one priority before messing with anything else.

One thing I'm unsure of is how to connect a fuse to such wiring. I've been trying to find tutorials online, but I've been having a hard time probably due to the lack of correct electrical language to describe what I am looking for. Most tutorials that pop up are for the little staple/key looking fuses on cars rather than the glass tube looking fuse that's used on this bike.

Keeping my fingers crossed that there isn't any more "creative" wiring anywhere else on the bike. This looks pretty straight forward once I get the battery and the fuse in place.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account