Clutch removal on a jawa 210 problem

Blukas Lukas /

Am i doing this wrong? It made one of the dumbest angles it could and its still not coming off, is it threaded on or something? The outer ring broke off before this broke, is it rusted on? Its really making me annoyed.

22A45593-5109-4F6F-8364-463193BA8753.jpeg

Re: Clutch removal on a jawa 210 problem

Blukas Lukas /

Heres a better photo

9E4B4AA2-F575-4EE3-9F87-177DD9D6AA66.jpeg

Looks like you ruined it. Now buy the proper tool and a new clutch. You could try hammering it straight once removed with the proper tool. This makes me nauseous.

Blukas Lukas /

Yeah... i was already ready to replace the whole clutch as there was a problem with metal trying to do the work instead of rubber, i saw multiple videos on this, and i tried to pull it with a puller, which was working, but the inside was bending while the ouside was moving forward, then i tried to cut the welds that the thing was held in by, do you think i should straighten it out, and then heat it up, cause i think the rust has gone to the point that its welded on, i guess they forgot the assembly lube step in the factory.

Blukas Lukas /

What i meant by that was that the outside ring was completely scored to the point that you could see what direction it was heading in.

The only way that's coming off is with the center type puller. The three jawed pullers turn clutches into scrap metal in most situations.

And buy a new or used clutch. That one is not salvageable.

Blukas Lukas /

Ok, ill try to use that

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account