My jawa 210 has spark, compression, and fuel in the cylinder but wont fire

Blukas Lukas /

Can somebody help? Theres great spark, good compression, but it is really rich, wasted 100 in parts, and i have a bit of a headache now... wouldnt it atleast fire over? Cause i did what the owners manual says, shut the fuel off, and pedal it till it goes, and then turn it back on, which isnt working, what should i do, should i try to tune the carb leaner? Thanks.

Re: My jawa 210 has spark, compression, and fuel in the cylinder but wont fire

I get tired of pedaling so i use a drill to turn it over. Can you borrow a timing gun to check the timing when you turn it over? if the plug is wet you might be flooding it and fouling the plug. look up freds guide I believe on the wiki and go through those steps. 2 strokes have to be real close to right on to run. I wouldn't thing you would have to shut the fuel off and pedal until it runs. I would shut the fuel off,spray a little mixed gas in the carb put the choke on and pedal or turn it over to see if it will start and then go from there.

Blukas Lukas /

Oops, forgot to say that it doesnt have the best spark, meaning thats its on the weaker side, could it be one of the stators? Cause the inside is really clean, and if it is how do i test which one is bad?

Blukas Lukas /

Timing should be right, but the fuel leaks from

The bowl, ill try tommorow to do some more testing, thanks for now.

> Blukas Lukas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Timing should be right, but the fuel leaks from

>

> The bowl, ill try tommorow to do some more testing, thanks for now.

You don’t want a fuel leak. Very dangerous.

If the spark is weak you could probably try a new cdi box. They use a special one.

I doubt that big fucking coil is broken

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

Most likely you need to replace the thyristor. I have had them where there is spark but at speed it seems to weaken and missfire. https://www.jawashop.com/search/?search=Thyristor

Blukas Lukas /

Ill try to start simple, the thyristor is really cheap so ill probably end up replacing that, ill recheck the timing right now.

Blukas Lukas /

Now i lost spark completely... how do i test for a bad thyristor? Also heres a photo of the insides

2DA6E614-7378-4D54-B553-7EFBA6010C3D.jpeg

Blukas Lukas /

That is what all 4 look like, thats clean right? And theres also a crack through the middle

D2D0265E-BABA-4F3D-B4FD-B92BF4398DF2.jpeg
5E8CA286-AEB8-421F-843A-BDF5124DE5DB.jpeg

Blukas Lukas /

Nevermind, i guess my eyes are just bad in the morning, there is spark

> Blukas Lukas Wrote:

> Nevermind, i guess my eyes are just bad in the morning, there is spark

There is really now way to test them unless you do it the old school way and start swapping out parts until it works.

My money is on the thysister thingy

Blukas Lukas /

Yeah, i tried adjusting the timing and it started popping, but for some reason the adjustment is limited to the point where i almost have the perfect timing... should i widen it out, or will the thyristor fix everything? Ill try both, making it a bit more adjustable wont work any harm... maybe...

Blukas Lukas /

Do you know where i can get one from america from cheap, i know there is the jawaparts shop, but shipping is alittle too expensive for me

Blukas Lukas /

It fired up after tuning the timing system!!

It does bog down alittle, but it is alittle smoky, so can that be the timing being off? If it is a lean/rich problem, i ordered those fancy italian made carburetors that fit the 210, how do you adjust those? I cant remember the name, but it was from the jawashop website. I cant get the video on here because the website doesnt let you post videos.

Blukas Lukas /

And now it works good! The exhaust temps are alittle sizzling but i was revving it up in one spot and i didnt test drive it, but i will still have to replace that thyristor cause when its under load (when a lamp is on or the horn is beeping) it bogs down, but for now its good, thanks!, also heres a good forum to adjust the timing

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Ignition_timing_for_CDI

YAY !before you get too excited make sure don't over heat it, I think you can put a fan on it when it is stationary. the exhaust might be full of unspent oil and fuel and would take some time to burn off. The best thing to do is read all you can on it in the Wiki get the mix right,fix the fuel leak. Whatever you do,dont force anything when taking things apart,it isn't like you can get it from treat.tv or the jawa shop the next day if at all.I remember reading about a thyrister problem,you might look into that for the future.

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

Here are a couple of links for you. Check your thyristor with a timing light. If they work at all at this age they become inconsistent at higher revs.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Jawa_ignition_testing

http://jawamoped.com/html/technical.html

This might be of interest :

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> Found the picture for the Asian hack of the thyristor...

>

> ...unvalidated though so someone will have to gamble the 10$ for the

> pocket bike AC CDI box to find out...

Blukas Lukas /

Yeah, im now replacing the clutch, cause a dry rotted seal destroyed the pads, and now it doesnt speed up when the wind is against it, the parts should come tommorow including the thyristor, and it should be complete after bringing it to the dmv to get a title.

Blukas Lukas /

Too late now, lol if anyone needs a good used coil i got one, im praying that its just the thyristor, and nothing to do with the coils, cause they are expensive to what ive found online.

Have you taken out the plug and give it a shot of starting fluid? Should at least fire and then sometimes works after that. I had the same moped and it’s what I did.

hi, i have a similar starting problem. look up under general discussion, ie jawa 210 49cc 2 sroke. mine just died on me, when it got difficult to start, after leaving it for an hour. i also give it a a tear drop of easy start, starts instantly. i fitted an nt 49cc carb. drilled a small hole about 1/4 inch, just to the right of the filter, found a rubber plug. to push in the hole. quick and easy, for emergency. i carry a small plastic eye bottle with me, to fill it, spray some easy start into a cap of some sort, then get the eye bottle squeeze it and suck up the easy start. you do not need much in the bottle. a tear drop usually works. i call it a mechanic in a bottle. assuming your engine and electrics a normally very good. Unfortunately it no longer starts mine.

i think i have a stator problem, no spark, i fitted the new type thyristor with the built in coil. 3 spade tags. red wire on the G then yellow, on the I and a white one on the other I POSITION, hope this is correct. but no sign of a spark. i use a ngk b6hs plug. never given a problem. fitted a new HT lead, and cap. waiting for some test equipment to test further. removed the cut out switch, still no start, going to fit a new on off switch, better than the orginal. Any ideas how to test the stator??

Blukas Lukas /

This is really weird... i thought the thyristor that they sent me had a defect... it had no spark when i put it on, then when i put the old one on, it had strong spark??? I think it mightve refreshed something in the wiring, but now it wont fire over, ill try to adjust the timing cause whenever i take the spark plug out, its all oily, and fouled, it still will start, but it wont stay going, and theres alot of smoke, i think its now too advanced cause it ges hot after like 40 seconds of half running half not. Ill mess with it tommorow.(edited)

Blukas Lukas /

Now it wont fire, the spark plug is always soaked in gas when i take it out, and it will smoke like crazy and die after a few seconds, what am i doing wrong???

Blukas Lukas /

It lost all of the regained spark, it now again has a really weak spark... i give up, if you guys have any awnserd to this then just put them on...

It will be from now on sitting in my shed untill something pops up in my brain

look at freds guide on the wiki is your best bet,you might have just too much fuel (carb problem) or you have the timing off and weak spark. I would work on making sure you have a nice bright spark first and then fix the needle seat float issue.

I sent you a PM

hi,all. finely got the bike to fire, after 2 weeks, used an electric drill to spin the stator. to check the plug for a spark, good spark, i thought great, re checked the wires, soldered some wires, to cut out switch, using the new thyristor with the built in coil.

but it won,t stay running, stopped and started 2 or three times, revs fine. then died. took the plug out, rested against the head, used the drill to spin the stator, now no spark again, thinking something is breaking down when it gets warm, left overnight. now just going to see if it will start from cold this morning, not hopefull. running out of ideas. may have to change all parts for new, stator, wiring, ect to find a cure, it,s a real pig. carb, plug, thyristor, ect all good. it,s electrical somewhere, waggled the wires about, still get continuity on the mutlti meter on tested wires, from the stator. will keep trying. bye for now. paul.

morning all. well tried cold start, nothing, so i thought i would remove the stator, was worried about doing this, with all the wires coming out of it.

was surprisingly easy, nothing to it. looked at the pick up coil, and it was corroded and rusty. cleaned it up a bit. put back to test, to see if it would now spark, still dead. so have ordered a new stator ring from jawaparts .com 12.30 euros plus postage. it is the same one, as lucky2 strokes have, they want $17.99 plus postage, and for me that makes it $56.32. too much.

well i think this will solve the problem, should have bought the ign. coil also as they are only 5.60 euros each. but mine looks good, they say they hardly ever go wrong. however, it will be nice to see which part was causing the trouble for us all. bye for now. paul

Blukas Lukas /

You wont belive it, the thyristor jawashop sent me had a defect, i ordered one from treatland and it started right up, suprisingly i was thinking the spark plug looked rich, but it wasnt, it was burned, i put the 57 back in and now it has a really strong amount of power. Thanks, by the way, what speed does 2nd speed engauge? I think i assembled the 2nd speed clutch wrong cause it feels like it throws out at 10 mph, and its nearly overrevving at 25 and it still doesnt shift